Thursday, July 21, 2005

I am shocked, shocked!

I read a New York Times article entitled 'The Rural War' by Robert Cushing and Bill Bishop, in which they act all shocked and surprised at the fact that the majority of casualties in Iraq were from rural counties.

after reading it I'm like; So What? more people from rural communities join the army, and once in the army, they're more likely to be posted to a combat unit: The simple fact is, that us Hicks are generally more combat-able than Urbanites.

I deeply apologize to any Inner-city kids who are offended by this; I'm just calling it like I see it.

My reasoning goes as thus: People from Rural places tend to eat more healthy food, breath fresher air, and lead more physically active lives. Also, People from Rural states (such as Texas or Vermont) are much more likely to see and/or use a gun on a regular basis (valuable experience when in basic).

I told my dad about the article, and he did a marvelous impression of captain Ranou from CASABLANCA saying: 'I am shocked, shocked to find that there is gambling going on in here!' (if you've never seen it, watch CASABLANCA, it's a great movie).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home